For Week Ending June 6, 2015
As we approach the halfway point of the year, we’ll begin to see some midterm report cards from anyone who wants to share an opinion or write a headline. If you have been reading these weekly excerpts, you already know that we are tracking along a predicted path. The residential real estate market was expected to be good at this point. Hiring is up, unemployment is low, sales are up, rates are low, prices are up and inventory is low. The gentle sway of up and low is making for an enjoyable ride, with no bubbles in sight.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending June 6:
- New Listings increased 1.4% to 2,183
- Pending Sales increased 10.9% to 1,413
- Inventory decreased 5.2% to 16,253
For the month of May:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.7% to $224,000
- Days on Market decreased 5.0% to 76
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.7% to 97.5%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 12.2% to 3.6
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.