For Week Ending March 21, 2015
An increase in new home sales are in the spotlight, thanks to some recent figures by the Commerce Department, but one should be careful not to speculate too much about sales outpacing predicted numbers from the beginning of the year. Small sample sizes, seasonal adjustments and poor geographic weighting can have undesirable consequences on the reliability of national figures. This is why locally grown MLS data is often the best source for quality market-informed nourishment.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending March 21:
- New Listings increased 22.1% to 1,821
- Pending Sales increased 27.1% to 1,252
- Inventory increased 1.7% to 13,869
For the month of February:
- Median Sales Price increased 9.3% to $200,000
- Days on Market increased 7.1% to 106
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.7% to 94.2%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 3.3% to 3.1
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.