For Week Ending August 12, 2017
The prevailing trends have continued to prevail through the summer, which has not really been a surprise. There have not been any jolting changes in the economy that would affect residential real estate. This includes steady news for factors such as wage growth, unemployment, new construction and mortgage rates. Every locality has its unique challenges, but housing as a whole is performing as expected.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 12:
- New Listings increased 1.2% to 1,668
- Pending Sales decreased 8.0% to 1,195
- Inventory decreased 17.1% to 12,576
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.9% to $254,000
- Days on Market decreased 16.7% to 45
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 99.2%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 19.4% to 2.5
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.