For Week Ending August 5, 2017
As we reach into August, we’ll begin to see the volume of activity wane in anticipation of the school year. Although not every buyer or seller has children, it’s no secret that homeownership is a popular housing option for those with kids. In bulk, this has historically been enough of a factor for turning down the summer’s market heat before lower temperatures take hold.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 5:
- New Listings decreased 0.5% to 1,787
- Pending Sales decreased 3.6% to 1,285
- Inventory decreased 16.9% to 12,541
For the month of June:
- Median Sales Price increased 7.0% to $259,000
- Days on Market decreased 16.1% to 47
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 99.5%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 13.3% to 2.6
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.