For Week Ending December 31, 2016
At the outset of 2017, we are watching for upward movement in some of the same areas that we were watching in 2016. Inventory remains a key metric, as continued decreases may push out potential buyers, especially if mortgage rates continue to increase. However, buying a home is still considered more affordable than renting in two-thirds of the country according to the 2017 Rental Affordability Report by ATTOM Data Solutions.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 31:
- New Listings decreased 7.5% to 384
- Pending Sales decreased 14.9% to 474
- Inventory decreased 24.9% to 9,049
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.1% to $228,500
- Days on Market decreased 10.1% to 71
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.6% to 96.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 30.4% to 1.6
All comparisons are to 2015
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.