For Week Ending January 30, 2016
At the close of January, we see the same market steadiness from last year continue into 2016. Higher home prices are predicted for the year, and there has been a continuing shortage of inventory. However, we should also see a strengthening labor market and further interest in purchasing a home by millennials, keeping things relatively unwavering and balanced.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 30:
- New Listings increased 0.7% to 1,017
- Pending Sales increased 0.2% to 873
- Inventory decreased 21.6% to 10,285
For the month of January:
- Median Sales Price increased 10.3% to $215,000
- Days on Market decreased 15.8% to 85
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.5% to 95.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 32.3% to 2.1
All comparisons are to 2015
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.